My love for Vacuum Cleaners
You know why I love vacuum cleaners?
(Yes, I’m a guy. And, yes, you’re not imagining things. And yes I am straight..)
They are designed to be switched on and off with your foot!
Based on my experience, I have come to see how nearly all the new vacuum cleaners have a huge button on them: big enough to step on. There is usually another huge button to retract the chord as well.
P.S. If you haven’t voted yet, please vote on the poll on the right?
The Totally Useless Blog Post
This is a totally useless and pointless post in nature (if it wasn’t in nature, where else would it be? – another useless question you might say). There is no moral to this post, there is no message. There is no purpose, there is no value. This is merely a construction of sentences to fill the void that has become. How does a post become pointless when it is filled with words and sentences? At least, the sentences make sense, but together they mean nothing. This is, as you have so kindly seen, a totally and utterly useless, meaningless, worthless, valueless, senseless, and insignificant blog post.
I wonder if the comments will be as pointless as this posts…
Chicken, A Tissue, and [No] Pictures
Why is it that nearly everywhere in Kuwait people have problems with pictures being taken! Is it only in Kuwait? I don’t believe there was a problem when I was in the U.S. or the U.K. We could take pictures in the mall, in the grocery, nearly anywhere we wanted. It seems people here have problems with pictures being taken.
We were at the cinema in Avenues and I was testing out my new camera in the beautiful colorful lights. The cinema employer came running to us and said, “No picture! No picture!” I wasn’t that surprised, but what was the problem? There was no one around, and I was taking pictures of my friends.
I figured they won’t stop me, so I took a few pictures anyway. They turned out a little blurry but I have to figure out why, I’m guessing since it was dark, the exposure was on auto and the picture came out fuzzy. Hmm, I need to mess around with it a bit.
The next morning was fun, I walked out to go to prayer, and I saw the chicken that have been running around in front of our house for so long. I was going to post about them a long time ago, but there was no chance because it just wouldn’t be worth it without any pictures. Without further ado, here are the chicken of our fereej* after the break.
Wet and Cold
It happens on occasion and at the worst possible times. Today was a cold morning. I woke up and went to take a shower. It was great, the water was steaming! I turned off the water, and turned around to grab my towel.
…there was no towel.
N. Backstage: Latest Thoughts
- I am now the Vice President of Membership at the Al-Koot Toastmasters.
- Thank you to those who congratulated me on my job!
- I have not had time to blog, since I blog mostly at work. Hence, I’m actually very busy (mostly..)!
- Facebook’s application Friends for Sale has become the biggest thing to hit me since blogging.
- I am eating healther, and haven’t had a soft drink in quite a while.
- My uncle shared an apple with me, forcefully. He’s a great (old) man, and I am grateful but that was a little too much!
- I ALWAYS think of great posts, I forget to note them down, and they totally slip my mind.
- I’ve been expanding my mind a lot, now I’m even more open-minded and it is freaking me out lol.
- I love my friends, and everyone I care about. Those who aren’t my friends, I care about them too, just not as much.
- I’ve got to watch my stress levels.
- I need to buy a Digital Camera and actually use it.
Salmiya Graffiti, and an Indecent Mannequin
I was out shopping with a friend and we saw these cool graffiti out in old Salmiya behind Marks and Spencer.
A friend (who shall remain anonymous) pointed this out today when were at Marina Mall.
My Tall Friend, and the Short Me
I went out with a couple of friend for dinner on Friday, then we went to Raya mall for ice cream. Now, here’s something you should know. My friend is TALL, and I am SHORT. As we walked to find a table, ALL eyes were on us like we were some freaks, and indeed we were.
P.S. Drawing style inspired by Laialy. I would have scanned an actual drawing but I don’t have a working scanner.
The Experiment: You are my specimens!
Question: What is your strongest sense? What do you notice the most when you experience things with your senses. Vote on the right please! Thank you.
The idea wasn’t to get a lot of people to drop by really. It was centered around the idea of saying something totally obscene and misleading [link removed] and finding out how people would react to it. Turns you all have good sportsmanship. Give yourselves a pat on the back! I have also noticed that also a lot more people participated in the polls. Why, I can’t be sure. Maybe people prefer to participate in the polls more than leave a comment. However thank you to all who contributed. Welcome singles, forever free.
Now, on to more pressing matters. Last week there were a few people (Joud, Mark, and Chikapappi) who posted about their traffic violations and how ridicules some of their fines have become. Mine are a bit over 350 KD. I have however a strategy that has been working for a while, that might help you as well to avoid the cameras.
After a little conversation my brother and I were having he gave me the idea to literally flag the cameras in my car’s GPS system. Being the loyal citizen that I am, I have gone around and flagged A LOT of cameras, I didn’t count how many, but here is a picture. Keep in mind that this picture is not complete and this is only part of Kuwait. Click on a picture for a better view.
I have also been enjoying immensely my carrot and orange cocktail juice. However, this time I gulped the whole thing down before getting into my work clothes.
P.S. I changed my clothes in the car while driving on the fifth ring road. What a rush!
My Brain is Yellow
***Your Brain is Yellow***
Of all the brain types, yours is the most intellectual.
You crave mental stimulation, and your thoughts tend to very complex.
Your thoughts tend to be innovative and cutting edge, though many people don’t understand them.
You tend to spend a lot of time thinking about science, architecture, and communication.
What Color Is Your Brain?
I don’t think much about architecture though, Hmm. I wonder. Ok. Now they got me! I am starting to think about architecture, oh they’re good. Very good.
N’s Backstage: Behind the Scenes
I don’t always post about what I think about posting, there are a lot of ideas that I just disregard. Here are a couple of unmatured* ideas for blog posts I have thought about, but haven’t quite written a post for:
- Addictive personalities: Do you believe in such a thing? This isn’t a type of attraction, but a personality that you just need to be around or have around you.
- Excuses — way too common: I don’t feel like going out because… (fill out the blank) Too lazy, sleepy, too cold, too hot, too busy, too bored, too sunny, too dark, too windy, too noisy, too blah blah.
- Cashing in on Eid: Visiting family in Eid felt like cashing in on Vegas slot machines (or something like that). We got extra points for being around the family, to be enough for a year or so.
- Random: Food appreciation is proportional to the size of your tummy. Don’t pick on chubby people! (A friend disagreed since he loves food and has high metabolism!)
- Random: In anime, the main characters in high school mostly always sit next to the window.
- Random: The real reason men who aren’t supposed to wear Speedos, do. It is because it gives them a visual image of what they could/would be like. Lets call it, self motivation.
- The way you walk: What it says about your personality.
- Random: Dialogue argument between two people, disagreeing about the same thing, but from two different perspectives.
* Unmatured: A state of not being complete. It is not a real word, but should be.