My Creative Profile: Creative Pathfinder
Thanks to Shayma (ahamshay.com) for posting about an online creativity profiler. The test is a part of the Art Institute of Pittsburgh online division. I still remember watching the TV when I was in the US and always seeing the ads of the institute wondering if the scholarship program would agree if someone wanted to study in such institutes. I don’t think they will.
And as you know I am a large promoter of creativity and freeing your mind. After taking the test it turns out I’m a creative pathfinder and this is what it said about me.
HOW DO I THINK
Inspiration comes from innovation: your conscience lies with the future, You are inspired by how a problem is solved, not discussed. It’s all about natural form… it can seem random, but there is an intentional symmetry that really appeals to your eye. You seek out your creativity by grabbing opportunities that come your way. Challenges invigorate your mind and provide you with a point of reference.
HOW DO I LIVE
Nothing beats the buss of getting far away from the grind of daily life, kicking back, and enjoying a little serenity! Others see you as someone who can fix it. You’ll always get stuck in, not afraid to fail on the route to getting the right answers. Bliss is a feeling free to do as you please, exploring the world and your limitless imagination. Grabbing some time for you is a must. You like to keep well informed, soak up as much information as you can.
HOW I CREATE
Your strengths lie in your confidence to try out the unknown, mastering it before the masses. Being on the cusp on something new excites your appetite for cutting edge technology. You love the twists and turns of a well-told tale. The drama of life is one of your big passions. Pen to paper, you can grab any opportunity to record the thoughts that buzz about; you’ve got a creative head on those shoulders.
HOW I WORK
You learn best when you can discuss and argue the point. Learning should always be challenging and exciting. It would be great to be able to manage your own workload and be your own boss. Once you’ve got the know-how, you could realize your dream.
So What is your Creative Profile?
The sign says, “Wishing you every year for you to be in good health. This Eid we ask about the family and friends before we ask about the food. Thank you”
???? ????? ????? ???? ? ????? ????? ? ?? ??? ? ???? ????? ??????
May your fasting be accepted, and Eid Mubarak and wish you peace and wellness every year to come.
The Experiment: You are my specimens!
Question: What is your strongest sense? What do you notice the most when you experience things with your senses. Vote on the right please! Thank you.
The idea wasn’t to get a lot of people to drop by really. It was centered around the idea of saying something totally obscene and misleading [link removed] and finding out how people would react to it. Turns you all have good sportsmanship. Give yourselves a pat on the back! I have also noticed that also a lot more people participated in the polls. Why, I can’t be sure. Maybe people prefer to participate in the polls more than leave a comment. However thank you to all who contributed. Welcome singles, forever free.
Now, on to more pressing matters. Last week there were a few people (Joud, Mark, and Chikapappi) who posted about their traffic violations and how ridicules some of their fines have become. Mine are a bit over 350 KD. I have however a strategy that has been working for a while, that might help you as well to avoid the cameras.
After a little conversation my brother and I were having he gave me the idea to literally flag the cameras in my car’s GPS system. Being the loyal citizen that I am, I have gone around and flagged A LOT of cameras, I didn’t count how many, but here is a picture. Keep in mind that this picture is not complete and this is only part of Kuwait. Click on a picture for a better view.
I have also been enjoying immensely my carrot and orange cocktail juice. However, this time I gulped the whole thing down before getting into my work clothes.
P.S. I changed my clothes in the car while driving on the fifth ring road. What a rush!
First off, note the poll on the right and vote please.
For a long time now I have been meaning to post some interesting statistics about this site, and here its finally.
The past 7 days:
The top search query is: hourneys.
The top clicked query is: Japanese girl
The past 2 weeks:
The top search query is: Einstein quotes.
The top clicked query is: Japanese little girl.
Here are some funny search terms over the past 2-3 months:
The top search from all over the world, is “construction stare”! I have no idea what that is. Here are some others.
- greasy hiar
- how to wear dishdashas
- swimming shampoo for shaved head
- bleach eating freaks countdown
- don boogla
- the pink slapper
Here are searches that match blogger names that have reached my website:
“manutdfanatic” — search from Hungary.
“swair” — search from Unknown.
“Laialy” — search from Germany.
“cixousianpanic” — from Unknown.
“eshda3wa” — from Unknown.
The top image search query was:
A variation of japanese girl.
There are other very interesting details but that shall be all for now!
N’s Backstage: Behind the Scenes
I don’t always post about what I think about posting, there are a lot of ideas that I just disregard. Here are a couple of unmatured* ideas for blog posts I have thought about, but haven’t quite written a post for:
- Addictive personalities: Do you believe in such a thing? This isn’t a type of attraction, but a personality that you just need to be around or have around you.
- Excuses — way too common: I don’t feel like going out because… (fill out the blank) Too lazy, sleepy, too cold, too hot, too busy, too bored, too sunny, too dark, too windy, too noisy, too blah blah.
- Cashing in on Eid: Visiting family in Eid felt like cashing in on Vegas slot machines (or something like that). We got extra points for being around the family, to be enough for a year or so.
- Random: Food appreciation is proportional to the size of your tummy. Don’t pick on chubby people! (A friend disagreed since he loves food and has high metabolism!)
- Random: In anime, the main characters in high school mostly always sit next to the window.
- Random: The real reason men who aren’t supposed to wear Speedos, do. It is because it gives them a visual image of what they could/would be like. Lets call it, self motivation.
- The way you walk: What it says about your personality.
- Random: Dialogue argument between two people, disagreeing about the same thing, but from two different perspectives.
* Unmatured: A state of not being complete. It is not a real word, but should be.
The Collective Poem Project
If you’re reading, then consider participating. You can do so with an identity or as anonymous, however please consider it.
The collective poem project is something that I came up with recently, which is to create a poem. I will define the rules and YOU will help add to this poem and make it more meaningful, longer, and bigger.
Title (Tag Line): Making The World a Better Place.
The Subject Matter: You can mention nearly anything related to making the world a better place, the exceptions would be related to hurting, removing, or disturbing other people. (So you can’t talk about removing the *insert nationality here* and that would make the world better..) You can talk about the environment, business, society, science, technology, art, music, literature, media, and anything you have in mind as long as it has to do with making the world better.
The Rules, there are only a few:
- You can write one line, up to 5 only and no more.
- You have to have words rhyming.
- You may not post consecutive comments, but you can post again after someone else has posted.
The idea of this project is to have fun and work together to produce something very cool! This isn’t an exam, or a test, so don’t hesitate even if you feel that you are not a writer of any kind, give it a shot.
I’ll begin, and you follow up…
Black tears falling,
Collected from darkened clouds,
The world weeps,
Come dry these tears, trying,
to clear up the skies
The Mysterious Other
I have always wondered if there was a person out there in the world who thinks about the same things I do. Sometimes, because of my strange topics I wonder if the mysterious other (person) questions the things I do, and is possibly asking the same question I am now, which is, "Who is that person, that I am so connected to?"
We’re probably longing to cross paths, not knowing that one day we might. We could walk past each other on a busy road in a strange country and never get the chance to speak. We might glance at each other, thinking, "I feel connected.." to a mysterious other.
What would the world be like if the sand was blue, the sky green.
What would the world be like if the plants were orange, and the sea was pink.
What would the world be like if a circle was a square, and a rectangle was a triangle.
What would the world be like if oranges were peaches, and strawberries were apples.
What would the world be like if eyes were noses and lips were tongues.
What would the world be like if hair was brittle, and bones were soft.
What would the world be like if reality was fantasy and fantasy was reality.
Note: No shrooms were consumed in the process of writing this exert.
Must.. Stay.. Awake..
I bet you’ve been in a similar situation. Remember how it feels like when you just have to stay awake, but your body will not respond! Here’s a little thought process of how it goes..
Must stay awake.
*eye lids are getting heavy*
I can’t see, its dark. Wait. I need to open my eyes!
*open eyes WIDE*
There we go, there. I’m alert now. I think I’m over it.
*starting to relax*
Relaxing feels so good.
*eyes start to close again*
No! I have to stay up! Maybe if I look at random things across the room I can stay up!
*eyes wander: Book, picture, painting, floor, feet*
Gaaah! I have to lift my head up, this isn’t working!
What if I concentrate on one thing? That should work shouldn’t it!
*stare at a picture*
Hmm, I wonder when was that taken.
It was that time when…
*Jump, open eyes wide looking around*
Woah! I slept just now didn’t I.
This is horrible, I need to walk.
Hopefully, that will work.
36 Random Questions
I got this from MishMisha’s Random Questions Post.
- What side of the heart do you draw first?
- Right. Unless we’re talking about drawing a real heart.
- Can you dive without plugging your nose?
- What color is your razor?
- Black/Gray. So is my shaver.
- What is your blood-type?
- B+. I was always a B+ student.
- Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
- Someone cooperative. I’d prefer if things went my way if I had to get stuck with someone for 24 hours.
- What is a rumor someone has spread about you?
- There are no rumors! At least, none that I am aware of.
- How do you feel about carrots?
- They’re orange and insensitive, but they’re yummy.
- How many chairs at the dining room table?
- I’m not sure, the table is actually quite large.
- Which is the best spice girl?
- Do you know what time it is?
- Yes. It is work time! *insincere ‘yay’*
- Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince song?
- Yes, but I can’t remember them.
- What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
- Wait. Then I’ll find something to do while I am being saved.
- What’s your favorite kind of gum?
- No favorite. If I really had to pick, it would be Orange flavor.
- T or F: All’s fair in love and war.
- Do you have a crush on anyone?
- No. Are we in high school or something?
- Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning?
- Do you like to sleep?
- Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings?
- No. It doesn’t matter to me.
- Do you know the song Total Eclipse of the Heart?
- I might, I’m not looking it up!
- Do you want a bright yellow 06 mustang?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted?
- Do you have hairy legs?
- Yes. I’d feel weird otherwise.
- Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
- Ocean. Lakes are scarier.
- Do you wear a lot of black?
- Yes, not when I’m wearing traditional attire though!
- Describe your hair.
- It is very short and dark.
- Do you have Entomophobia?
- No. For those who don’t know, I’ll spare you the trouble, it is fear of insects.
- Are you an adult?
- Yes, Last time I checked.
- Where are your best friends?
- There. Somewhere. I don’t care.
- Do you have a tan?
- Is this a trick question?
- Are you a television addict?
- I don’t think so. Unless TV shows are considered as TV.
- Do you enjoy spending time with your mother?
- Are you a sugar freak?
- No. Freak is a bad word. :/
- Do you like orange juice?
- Yes. Me loves me vitamin C.
- What sign are you?
- What color is your Cell Phone?
- Dark gray, light gray, silver, with a touch of orange.
- Where do you wish you were right now?
- At home eating something, or out eating something. I’m hungry!
This isn’t a tag so do not worry. However, if you do think this is fun, you may answer the previous questions here or on your own blog. Thank you.